Translation Disclaimer

Rent Stabilization Board
Rent Stabilization Board


Are you a tenant or a landlord of a Berkeley residence? Embroiled in a landlord-tenant dispute? Want the help of a neutral third party in resolving this problem?  Interested in exploring whether a free, quick, non-adversarial and informal process would work for you? The City of Berkeley's Rent Stabilization Program offers a no-cost mediation service that can be an effective and efficient way to resolve disputes.

Typical issues or problems that can be addressed in mediation include, but are not limited to:  roommate disagreements, entry for repairs, noise complaints, privacy rights, rent due dates/late fees, and move-out/eviction issues.
To request mediation, you must complete a Request for Mediation form.  Before completing the Request for Mediation form, please contact a Housing Counselor to discuss your case.  You can reach a Housing Counselor by e-mail at  Drop-in counseling is available at our office located at 2125 Milvia Street, Berkeley, CA 94704 (northeast corner of Milvia and Center Streets, downtown Berkeley), or by phone at 510-981-RENT (510-981-7368).

Office Hours:

Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday: 9 a.m. – 4:45 p.m.
Wednesday: 12 p.m. (noon) – 6:30 p.m.


Home | Web Policy | Text-Only Site Map | Contact Us
Rent Stabilization Board, 2125 Milvia Street, Berkeley, CA 94704
Questions or comments? Email: Phone: (510) 981-7368
(510) 981-CITY/2489 or 311 from any landline in Berkeley
TTY: (510) 981-6903