Translation Disclaimer

Rent Stabilization Board
Rent Stabilization Board


Registration Forms  |  Petitions  |  Administrative Forms  |  Eviction Forms & Documents  |  Sample Forms/Letters & Checklists   

If you have questions about Rent Board forms, contact a Housing Counselor at 510-981-7368 (981-RENT).


■  Vacancy Registration Form (VR Form)
     This form must be filed within 15 days 
     after the start of a completely new tenancy, or after the 
     last original occupants have departed.
     (See back of form for instructions.)

     ►  For Tenancies Starting ON or AFTER January 1, 1999

     ►   For Tenancies Starting PRIOR to January 1, 1999   

■   Amended Registration Statement (ARS) 
    for a Change in Ownership

■   Initial Registration Statement 
for units that have NEVER been registered with
the Berkeley Rent Board. Please be aware that
    if you are using this form to register a rental unit,
    you must ALSO file a Vacancy Registration form.

■  Request for Waiver of Late Registration Penalties

■  Pass-Through Form and Instructions  

■  Information about Registration

>> Return to the Top of the Page <<


Frequently Requested  Forms

Vacancy Registration (VR) Form

 Amended Registration (ARS) Form  


■  Information about the Petition Process

■  Petition Forms  

>> Return to the Top of the Page << 




■  Request for Certificate of Permissible Rent Level / Request for Advisory Determination Form  
    for confirmation of a rent-controlled unit's maximum lawful rent ceiling

■  Berkeley Rent Board's Administrative Fee Schedule (Resolution 17-04) 

■  Request for Duplication of Rent Board Records (Hard-copy or Digital)  

>> Return to the Top of the Page <<




Owner Move-In (Measure AA -- formerly Measure Y) Forms & Documents 

Landlord Forms

■  Deposit of Owner Move-In Relocation Benefits and Challenge of Eligibility to Receive Benefits

Tenant Forms

■  Notice of Eligibility for Additional Relocation Assistance   

■  Notice of Interest in Renewing Tenancy

For more information: Visit the Rent Board's Owner/Family Move-In Information page.

>> Return to the Top of the Page <<


Ellis Ordinance Forms & Documents 

■  Ellis Ordinance Packet

For more information about removing property from the rental market: 
Visit the Rent Board's Ellis Ordinance Information page

>> Return to the Top of the Page << 



■  Information for Payment of Rent and Information for Services of Process, Notices and Demands

■  Lease Addendum for a Future Costa-Hawkins Increase after the Last Original Tenant Leaves

■  Lease Addendum Prohibiting Smoking (Information on Smoking Prohibition)

■  Letter Notifying Tenant of Right to a WalkThrough Inspection

■  Letter Informing Tenants of the Result of a WalkThrough Inspection

■  Letter Providing 30-day Notice of Intent to Vacate Unit 

■  Letter Notifying Landlord of New Address for Return of Security Deposit

■  Letter to Landlord if Security Deposit is Not Returned Within 21 Days of Last Original Tenant Vacating Unit

■  Move-in/Move-out Checklist 

■  Notice of Rent Increase (60 days/30 Days) for the Annual General Adjustment
    En Español: Aviso de Aumento de Renta para el AGA de 2019

■  Tenant Buyout Agreement Disclosure Form and Ordinance Information

>> Return to the Top of the Page <<


Home | Web Policy | Text-Only Site Map | Contact Us
Rent Stabilization Board, 2125 Milvia Street, Berkeley, CA 94704
Questions or comments? Email: Phone: (510) 981-7368
(510) 981-CITY/2489 or 311 from any landline in Berkeley
TTY: (510) 981-6903