Translation Disclaimer

Department of Public Works
Department of Public Works



Pacific Gas & Electric (PG&E):

Gas service interruption or gas leaks: Call the PG&E 24-hour customer service line at 1-800-743-5000. 

Electrical service interruption or power outage: Call the PG&E 24-hour customer service line at 1-800-743-5002.

TDD/TTY (Speech and hearing impaired): Call 1-800-652-4712. 

Alternate Language Services:

Chinese                   1-800-893-9555

Spanish                   1-800-660-6789

Vietnamese             1-800-298-8438

Note: PG&E has changed their policy for new gas and electric service installations. The customer is now responsible for obtaining the City PERMIT, paying INSPECTION costs, excavating and backfilling the trench for the gas pipe and/or electric conduit placement. PG&E does however, give the customer the option of hiring PG&E to do the trenching and backfilling at an additional cost to the customer. 

East Bay Municipal Utility District (EBMUD):

Water service interruption or water leaks: Call the EBMUD 24-hour customer service line at 1- 866- 403-2683. 

To turn your water service on or off: Call 1- 866- 403-2683.


New service or change of existing service:

Home Phone, Internet, Digital TV: Call 1-800-288-2020.
Wireless: 1-888-333-6651
Phone Repair Service: Call 611.

Accessible Service and Repair:

TTY: 1-800-397-3172 or 711 from your home phone.
Voice: 1-800-246-8464

UVerse: TTY: 1-800-855-2880
Wireless: TTY: 1-866-241-6568, Voice: 1-866-241-6567

For other services and alternate languages, check the front section of your local telephone book.


Cable television customer service: Call 1-800-COMCAST (1-800-266-2278). 

Home | Web Policy | Text-Only Site Map | Contact Us
Department of Public Works, 2180 Milvia Street, Berkeley, CA 94704
Questions or comments? Email: Phone: (510) 981-6300
(510) 981-CITY/2489 or 311 from any landline in Berkeley
TTY: (510) 981-6903