Translation Disclaimer

Department of Public Works
Department of Public Works

Storm Water Information

Service Numbers:

Drain Blockage* Clogged inlets. Please call Customer Service, 311 or (510) 981-2489.

* Pick up sand bags to temporarily augment existing water barriers on private property (i.e., berms, low curbs).

Sand Bags are available to City Residents and Business Owners. They may be picked up at the City's Corpyard 1326 Allston Way Bldg A, during regular business hours.

Proof of residency or business ownership is required at the time of pick up. 

Please call Public Works Customer Service at (510) 981-6620, for more information about sand bags.

* Report dumping into storm drain sewer inlets. Please call the Spill and Dumping Central Contact phone number, (510) 981-6620. (See related information for Clean City Program Homepage).

* Public educational material. Please call Engineering, (510) 981-6337.

* Storm Water Central Contact is (510) 981-6400.

* For Best Management Practices to reduce urban runoff pollution, please call one of the following:


Private Construction projects: Building and Safety (510) 981-7440, and ask for an Engineering Inspector
Public Construction projects: Engineering, (510) 981-6337


CUPA Facilities: See Toxics for contact information.
Food Service Facilities: See Environmental Health for contact information.
All Others: Engineering, (510) 981-6337


Engineering, (510) 981-6337

For more detailed information on the various Storm Water issues, please follow the links below for your area of interest.

Status of Reported Storm Drain, Creek and Creek Culvert Issues (.pdf)
Getting Ready for Winter Storms (.pdf)
Adopt-A-Drain Program
Storm Drain Stenciling
Construction Program - Current projects
Construction Program - Recently completed projects
Alameda Countywide Clean Water Program (ACCWP)
Watershed Management Plan
Watershed Resources

E-mail the City concerning the Storm Water Capital Improvement Program.

Home | Web Policy | Text-Only Site Map | Contact Us
Department of Public Works, 2180 Milvia Street, Berkeley, CA 94704
Questions or comments? Email: Phone: (510) 981-6300
(510) 981-CITY/2489 or 311 from any landline in Berkeley
TTY: (510) 981-6903