Translation Disclaimer

Department of Planning & Development
Department of Planning & Development


Transportation Permits (Overage)


When a project requires overheight, overwidth, overweight vehicles or loads as defined in the State Vehicle Code to be operated on any public street. Examples are: truck cranes, earth moving equipment, etc.

Enabling Resolution/Ordinance: 

BMC 16.16.130, 16.16.040, Resolution No. 4111-N.S.

Payment Provisions: 

Time of Payment:     At the time permit is issued.

Location of Payment:     Permit Service Center, 2120 Milvia Street

Payment Conditions:     Check, cash or credit card

Other Pertinent Information: 

The State of California requires that all cities comply and limit fees to the terms set by State Law.

Quick Link:

Engineering Permit Information 

Home | Web Policy | Text-Only Site Map | Contact Us
Department of Planning & Development, 1947 Center Street, 3rd Floor, Berkeley, CA 94704
Questions or comments? Email: Phone: (510) 981-7400
(510) 981-CITY/2489 or 311 from any landline in Berkeley
TTY: (510) 981-6903