Translation Disclaimer

Department of Planning & Development
Department of Planning & Development


Street and Sidewalk Use Permits


a.    Construction where storage of materials, debris or equipment is involved within the public right-of-way.
b.    House moving
c.    Demolition where storage of materials, debris or equipment is involved with the public right-of-way.
d.    Debris boxes by contractors.

Enabling Resolution/Ordinance: 

BMC 16.16.010, 16.16.030, 16.16.070, 16.16.080, Resolution No. 4111-N.S.

Payment Provisions: 

Time of Payment:     At the time permit is issued.

Location of Payment:     Permit Service Center, 2120 Milvia Street

Payment Conditions:     Check, cash or credit card.

Inspections After Fee is Paid: 

Any changes in construction methods, pedestrian protection and controls or use of the area covered by this permit must be reported prior to implementation.

Quick Link:

Engineering Permit Information 

Home | Web Policy | Text-Only Site Map | Contact Us
Department of Planning & Development, 1947 Center Street, 3rd Floor, Berkeley, CA 94704
Questions or comments? Email: Phone: (510) 981-7400
(510) 981-CITY/2489 or 311 from any landline in Berkeley
TTY: (510) 981-6903