Translation Disclaimer

Department of Planning & Development
Department of Planning & Development


Misc. Permit to Obstruct, Excavate, and/or Construct


When a project requires opening trenches, placing main or lateral pipes or conduits, excavating soil, e.g., tank removal, installation of temporary items, or monitoring wells in public right-of-way.

Enabling Resolution/Ordinance: 

BMC 16.12.30, 16.12.32, 16.12.34, Resolution No. 4362-N.S.

Payment Provisions: 

Time of Payment:     At the time permit is issued.

Location of Payment:     Permit Service Center, 2120 Milvia Street

Payment Conditions:     Check, cash or credit card

Inspections After Fee is Paid: 

Application is required not less than 48 hours in advance of opening trenches and shall include names of the streets and cross streets in which the trenches are to be opened.

Home | Web Policy | Text-Only Site Map | Contact Us
Department of Planning & Development, 1947 Center Street, 3rd Floor, Berkeley, CA 94704
Questions or comments? Email: Phone: (510) 981-7400
(510) 981-CITY/2489 or 311 from any landline in Berkeley
TTY: (510) 981-6903