Translation Disclaimer

Parks Division
Parks Division

Measure WW Bonds  

Measure WW is a local grant program for the acquisition and development of countywide and regional parks and recreation facilities. It is funded by a bond measure approved by Alameda County and Contra Costa County voters in November 2008. Of the total $500 million received in bond funding, 75% ($375 million) will fund the East Bay Regional Park District’s acquisition and development plan.  The remaining 25% ($125 million) was allocated to East Bay cities based on population to fund City projects. The City of Berkeley’s allocation was $4.876 million and is to be spent by December 2018. The City conducted a distribution process through Parks and Recreation Commission in 2010 and listed below by year are the selected projects, project description, and the tentative project schedule.

Measure WW - Project list/description and Tentative Schedule  


  • Marin Circle Renovation-drought tolerant landscape (In Planning, Construction May, 2017)
  • Becky Temko Play Equipment Renovation-play equipment replacement (In Planning, Construction May, 2017)
  • James Kenney Park Play Area Renovation-play equipment replacement (In Design, Construction February 2017)
  • John Hinkel Park Renovation-play equipment replacement (In Design, Construction May 2017)
  • Strawberry Creek Park Renovation Phase 1-replacement of court areas (In Design, Construction May 2017)


  • Grove Park Renovation Phase 1-basketball and tennis court lighting and surface renovations (Construction in May, 2016)
  • Rose Garden Renovation Phase 1-demolition and 15% replacement of trellis and ADA compliance (Construction in June, 2016)
  • Willard Park Play Area/ Pathway Renovation-play equipment and pathway renovation (Construction in October, 2016)
  • Ohlone Dog Park Renovation-drainage and small dog area (Construction in May, 2016)


  • Virginia McGee Totland - replacement of play equipment, drainage, ADA compliance (Completed)
  • Terrace View Phase 1- renovation of basketball court, lower picnic area and ADA compliance (Completed)


  • Citywide Picnic Area- amenity replacement at reservable areas and ADA compliance (Completed)


  • Aquatic Park Habitat Restoration- South end habitat replacement and planting (Completed)
  • Skate Park Reconstruction- replace key joints and spalling concrete (Completed)  


  • San Pablo Park- basketball court renovation (Completed)


  • Gilman Street Sports Fields (Phase 2)- softball field (Completed)

Contact: Stacie Clarke, Senior Management Analyst at or call (510) 981-6715.

See following links for more information:

Measure WW FAQs

Measure WW Process

Parks and Recreation Commission check for meeting schedules.

Home | Web Policy | Text-Only Site Map | Contact Us
Parks Division, 1326 Allston Way, Berkeley, CA 94702
Questions or comments? Email: Phone: (510) 981-6660
(510) 981-CITY/2489 or 311 from any landline in Berkeley
TTY: (510) 981-6903