See our Omicron surge page for up-to-date guidance on testing, vaccination, masking, isolation, and quarantine.

Emergency Regional Stay Home Order. Bay Area ICUs are near capacity. Stay home except for essential tasks. Keep errands short. Don't gather with anyone outside your household. Cancel plans for non-essential travel. Learn more.

Translation Disclaimer

Mental Health Division
Mental Health Division

Problem Resolution Information for Consumers

Berkeley Mental Health  desires to support you in your mental health recovery. We would like to help resolve any problems you may encounter while receiving services at Berkeley Mental Health.  If you have a problem, you may want to try handling the problem directly with the person.  However, if that is not possible, we have seven (7) different ways you can use to resolve your complaint; they are listed below. 

* Making a complaint will not adversely affect your services at Berkeley Mental Health *

  1. Call the Berkeley Mental Health Consumer Complaint Line at:
    (510) 981-6585
      English: Ext. 5097
      Spanish: Ext. 5098

  1. Complete a Berkeley Mental Health Consumer Complaint Form. The forms are located in the waiting rooms at the clinics in Berkeley located at 2640 Martin Luther King Jr. Way and at 3282 Adeline Street. 

    Forms may also be filled out, printed, sealed in an envelope and returned to staff at the clinic or mailed directly to:

    City of Berkeley
    Mental Health Division
    Compliance Unit
    3282 Adeline Street
    Berkeley, CA 94703

    Consumer Complaint Form  |  Formulario de Quejas del Consumidor

  1. If you have tried the above actions and you need further assistance, contact the Compliance Unit directly at (510) 981-5280.

  2. The Patients’ Rights Advocate:

At any time you may ask for help and information from the Patients' Rights Advocate Office. If your problem has to do with a lack of your Title IX Patients’ Rights or if you need help to determine if it is a Patients’ Rights matter, call the Patients’ Rights Advocate at 1-800-734-2504.


  1. Appeal a Notice of Action or Complaint Resolution:

You may appeal if you receive a Notice of Action letter stating that you will not receive services or your services will be reduced or stopped. You may also appeal if you feel the complaint you filed with Berkeley Mental Health was not resolved to your satisfaction.  Call the Patients’ Rights Advocate at 1-800-734-2504.

  1. State Fair Hearing:

At any time, you may request a State Fair Hearing regarding a problem or if you are sent a Notice of Action (NOA) letter. To ask for a hearing, fill out the Request for a State Fair Hearing form on the back of the NOA or call 1-800-743-8525.

(revision: September 2015)

Home | Web Policy | Text-Only Site Map | Contact Us
Mental Health Division, 2640 Martin Luther King Jr Way, Berkeley, CA 94704
Questions or comments? Email: Phone: (510) 981-5290
(510) 981-CITY/2489 or 311 from any landline in Berkeley
TTY: (510) 981-6903