311 City Services
  • Online Services
  • For City services in many
  • languages, call
  • 311 or 510-981-2489

Translation Disclaimer

Quick Links


City Manager's Office
City Manager's Office
Press Contact: Matthai Chakko, (510) 981-7008


Berkeley, California (Tuesday, June 28, 2016) - Want to communicate with the City Council? There are a number of ways to share your views and make your voice heard.

Choose the method that's best for you, such as a single email address for all council, and understand which types of messages become part of the public record.

In Person - The most direct method to provide feedback is in person at a City Council meeting.  Public comment is heard on each item on the agenda before action is taken.  Public Comment on Non Agenda matters is allowed, but Council cannot discuss or act on a matter that is not on the agenda. Understanding some key terms and guidelines can help you through a meeting.

By Phone - Residents may call the Council to express their opinion on an issue.  The Council roster is available online

 E-Mail - Residents may e-mail Councilmembers individually, or they can send one e-mail to council@cityofberkeley.info to reach the Mayor and all Councilmembers, while getting copied to the City Clerk. 

Fax - the City Clerk fax line is 510-981-6901.

Written Communications - Residents may drop off or send letters to City Council c/o City Clerk, 2180 Milvia Street, Berkeley, CA 94704.

These emailed, faxed or written communications addressed to the City Council and submitted to the City Clerk Department become part of the agenda packet and are distributed on a set schedule.  .

Communications to the City Council are public record and will become part of the City's electronic records, which are accessible through the City's website. Please note: e-mail addresses, names, addresses, and other contact information are not required, but if included in any communication to the City Council, will become part of the public record.  If you do not want your contact information included in the public record, please do not include that information in your communication.

To research past communications, visit Records Online, click "communications," the agency you're interested in and the date of the meeting in question.

If you have any questions, please call (510) 981-6900 or e-mail clerk@cityofberkeley.info


Keep up with City of Berkeley news via our News page, email or .

Home | Residents | Businesses | Visitors | Services | Elected Officials
Web Policy | Text-Only Site Map | Contact Us
City of Berkeley - Central Administrative Offices, 2180 Milvia St, Berkeley, CA 94704
(510) 981-CITY/2489 or 311 from any landline in Berkeley
TTY: (510) 981-6903