311 City Services
  • Online Services
  • For City services in many
  • languages, call
  • 311 or 510-981-2489

Translation Disclaimer

Quick Links


City Manager's Office
City Manager's Office
Press Contact: Mary Kay Clunies-Ross, Public Information Officer, (510) 981-7008


Berkeley, California (Wednesday, January 18, 2012) - In light of this week’s cold snap and the forecast of rain, the following information about Berkeley shelters is being made available for members of the public. Residents in need of nighttime shelter can make a bed reservation in one of two ways, depending on the time of day.

If it is after 12 p.m. (noon), Monday-Friday, contact the shelter directly.

• Harrison House: 510-684-4021
Harrison House serves families and single men and women

• Berkeley Food and Housing Project Shelters: 1-866-960-2132 (free call)
Serves women with children and single men and women

If it is after 7 p.m., Monday-Sunday, call 1-866-960-2132 (free call). They will coordinate bed reservations at both shelters.

For additional assistance with housing and other social services, call 2-1-1 from any phone in Alameda County, day or night. Alameda County’s 211 program is a free, non-emergency, confidential, 3-digit phone number and service that provides easy access to housing information, and critical health and human services.


Keep up with City of Berkeley news via our News page, email or .

Home | Residents | Businesses | Visitors | Services | Elected Officials
Web Policy | Text-Only Site Map | Contact Us
City of Berkeley - Central Administrative Offices, 2180 Milvia St, Berkeley, CA 94704
(510) 981-CITY/2489 or 311 from any landline in Berkeley
TTY: (510) 981-6903