ABOUT THE BERKELEY RENT STABILIZATION BOARD
The Berkeley Rent Stabilization Board (the "Board") is a governing body of nine commissioners elected by Berkeley citizens. For a list of our Board Members, please visit our Meet & Contact the Board page. The Board oversees matters pertaining to rent control in Berkeley including:
- Overseeing the Rent Stabilization Program (staff and day-to-day operations that implement rent control)
- Implementing the Rent Control Ordinance
- Enacting regulations
- Hearing petition appeals filed by tenants and landlords
Board Meetings. All meetings are open to the public and participation is encouraged.
- Full Board. The full board meets on a monthly basis and meetings are broadcasted live, unless noted otherwise. To view our current and previous Board meetings schedule, please visit our Board Meetings page.
- Committee Meetings. The Board has established several topic-specific committees. For more information on the committees and to review their schedules and agendas, please visit our Committee Meetings page.