Berkeley Sierra Family Camp
We are pleased to report that we've had an excellent turnout for Berkeley Sierra Family Camp registration, which began on Wednesday, February 12 for City of Berkeley residents. The atmosphere at registration has been very positive, and we are happy to see so many familiar faces registering for camp.
We still have several openings for Family Camp, but dates are filling quickly. Check the Berkeley Sierra Family Camp Availability Calendar to see which dates are still available for you and your family.
Registration for Echo Lake 50+ Camp Sessions began Monday, February 24. For 50+ Camp availability information, visit our 50+ Camp Availability Calendar. (Updated 04/08/14)
Echo Lake Youth Camp and Counselor-In-Training Program registration is currently open. Contact the City of Berkeley Recreation Office for availability and more information about these programs.
Family Camp Dates: Availability Calendar 2014 (updated 06/10/14)
Saturday, June 21 (first meal is lunch) – Monday, July 7 (last meal is breakfast)
Friday, July 11 (first meal is lunch) – Sunday, July 20 (last meal is breakfast)
Friday, July 25 (first meal is lunch) – Monday, August 4 (last meal is breakfast)
Welcome to the new Berkeley Sierra Family Camp!
Below is important information about Berkeley Sierra Family Camp registration. Click the links to find program information, activity calendars, rate charts, and registration forms:
We are excited to have a place to gather for family camp this summer--Berkeley Sierra Family Camp at Echo Lake Camp! We are going to continue important Tuolumne traditions while highlighting all the wonderful opportunities Echo Lake Camp has to offer. The green chair circle, quiet hours, the staff show, table night, theme days, tie-dye, campfires, and excellent swimming and hiking will all be a part of Berkeley Sierra Family Camp. Of course, people make up the heart and soul of camp, and some of your favorite BTC staff-- full of Tuolumne Spirit -- will be there to greet you. And you—the campers—will help keep the traditions, customs, and fun alive for generations of Berkeley campers to come.
BERKELEY RESIDENT PRIORITY REGISTRATION: February 12, 13, 14, 18 (Closed 2/17 – City Holiday), 9:00 AM - 4:30PM
NON-BERKELEY RESIDENTS REGISTRATION BEGINS: February 19, 9:00 AM - 4:30PM
Priority Registration Policy
- Berkeley residents are required to show proof of residency with a current utility bill and photo ID.
- Proof of residency is required to receive the Berkeley resident rate.
- Walk-in registrations will be processed before registrations received via mail, fax, e-mail, or dropped off by a third party.
- Registrations received via mail, e-mail, fax, or dropped off by a third party will be processed in the order they are received, following completion of daily walk-in registrations.
- The registered Head of Household is financially responsible for all payments, change requests and cancellation requests for each registration.
- Registration payments will only be accepted from the registered Head of Household.
- A 25% deposit is required to hold each reservation.
- During priority registration, a Berkeley resident Head of Household may include non-resident campers in their tent, however non-resident rates apply.
- Non-Resident Head of Household registrations will not be accepted or processed until February 19, 2014.
Multiple Cabin Policy
- During priority registration, each adult (18+ years) Berkeley resident can reserve a maximum of two (2) cabins.
- A separate registration form must be used for each cabin, including the same Berkeley resident Head of Household account information on both forms.
- The registered Head of Household is responsible for all payments, change requests and cancellation requests for each cabin.
Berkeley Sierra Family Camp Refund Policy
All refund, change, and cancellation requests must be made in writing and sent to the City Of Berkeley Recreation Office, 1947 Center St. 1st Floor, Berkeley, CA 94704.
All requests for refund must be directed to the Recreation & Youth Services Manager. The original receipt must be submitted with a written request for refund. The request must state the reason for refund, date, time, and location of program.
Refund Policy: All refund requests are subject to a 25% administrative fee, not to exceed $150.00. Requests made less than 30 days prior to scheduled arrival are not eligible for a refund.
Changing Reservations: Changes resulting in a reduction of the reservation are subject to a $100 administrative service fee. No charges will be incurred for registration additions or extensions to your stay. Requests to reduce your stay or change your camp dates must be made at least 30 days prior to arrival date. Change requests made less than 30 days prior to arrival date are not eligible for a refund. Additions may be made less than 30 days in advance as space allows. Only the Head of Household may request a reservation change.
Cancellation policy: Cancellations are subject to a 25% administrative fee, not to exceed $150.00. Cancellation requests made less than 30 days prior to scheduled arrival are not eligible for refund. Cancellation requests due to medical emergency or illness must be submitted in writing, accompanied by a doctor’s note, and received no later than 30 days following the scheduled date of attendance.
Late Fee: Reservations with unpaid balances at close of business day Thursday, May 1, 2014 are subject to a $75.00 late fee.