Volunteering with Berkeley CERT
Volunteer Meetings, 2nd Wednesday of the Month, 997 Cedar St. 7pm-9pm
CERT Volunteers are leaders in the community and are integral to the efforts to prepare Berkeley for disaster. Even before a disaster, Berkeley CERT Volunteers are responding to the community needs.
How Can You Help?
Volunteers help by getting trained and then training others. We provide preparedness outreach and education to the Berkeley public. We support local emergency response exercises and events. We provide leadership and mentoring to community groups getting started on their preparedness and training.
Current volunteer needs and projects:
- Train to be volunteer CERT Instructors
- Love animals? Volunteers needed to become CERT Animal Response Trainers
- Help the Berkeley Emergency Prep Fair Planning Team design a community event for families focused on getting Berkeley ready for emergencies.
- Skilled in marketing/branding? Berkeley CERT is looking for a new look and design for its website, brochures, vehicles and volunteer paraphernalia. Help create the image of community emergency responders in Berkeley
- Want to help get the word out? We always need help with talking to residents about disaster preparedness at events, fairs, businesses, schools and community organizations.
Interested in getting involved?
Come to the next Berkeley CERT Volunteer Meeting. Or contact the Berkeley Office of Emergency Services at 510-981-5605 or email@example.com
Berkeley CERT Newsletter Issue 1 2015
Berkeley CERT Newsletter Issue 2 2016
Berkeley CERT Newsletter Issue 3 2016