October 17, 2009 is the 20th anniversary of the Loma Prieta Earthquake. In remembrance of this anniversary and in working to make your family and your community more resilient, please take the time complete the 5 Critical Steps for Preparing for an Earthquake.
1. Make a plan for yourself, your family, and your household.
2. Arrange a long distance telephone contact that everyone in your family can use to tell where and how they are.
3. Prepare an emergency supplies kit for you and your family, enough for five days for each person.
4. Prepare your home to survive an earthquake.
5. Get to know your neighbors and organize your neighborhood.
Please click the link below for a downloadable version of the Five Critical Steps brochure to distribute to your family and your neighbors.
5 Critical Steps
5 Critical Steps (Spanish)
5 Critical Steps (Chinese)